Paragould PD accepting applications for police officers | News
Time is running out to apply for a job as a police officer with the Paragould Police Department.
The deadline for applications is Friday, March 8. Testing will be held on Friday, March 22, for those who submit their applications by the deadline.
According to a news release from Chief Todd Stovall’s office, applicants must meet the following requirements established by the Arkansas Commission of Law Enforcement Standards:
- Applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED certification.
- Applicant must possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license at the time of hire, with no record of suspension or revocation in any state.
- Applicant must have no felony convictions.
- Applicant must be of good moral character. A comprehensive background investigation will be conducted.
- Applicant will be required to pass a physical agility test and a written police officer selection test. Applicant will also be interviewed by an interview board.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States as of the date of the written test.
- Applicant must live in or move to Greene County when hired.
Psychological and medical examinations, including a drug screen, will be required after an offer of employment has been made to a job applicant. Condition of employment is dependent upon the results of those exams.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 301 W. Court St., or by printing a PDF file available by clicking here.